WE ARE BOTH A VENTURE PHILANTHROPHY AND A PRO BONO CONSULTANCY PROVIDING STRATEGIC SERVICES TO SELECT GRANTEES
Our grantmaking teams, comprised of professionals from the top consulting firms (Join Us!), are focused on:
identifying highly effective nonprofit partners with compelling breakthrough ideas,
resourcing grantees to create and implement strategic plans for scale,
analyzing data, conducting, and commissioning research to measure impact,
problem solving alongside grantees to learn and continually improve.
→ Underlying all our work is a rigorous due diligence process. Our engagement with a potential grantee is predicated on a deep and clear understanding of the organization’s goals, leadership capacity, theory of change, program and outcomes.
→ The agents of change are the nonprofits we support – not One8 itself. As a result, we identify organizations with missions, strategies, and capabilities well matched to our goals and then provide operating support.
→ We focus our grantmaking on four strategic levers:
- Pilot a diverse set of exemplars that demonstrate what is possible.
- Scale impactful programs with proven results.
- Develop the capacity of grantee leaders with potential to dramatically drive impact.
- Support and share research that enables insight, evaluation and continuous improvement.
Quality Strategy and Planful Implementation
→ Multi-year funding requires organizations with solid strategic plans and detailed annual implementation plans.
- Our foundation does not consider unsolicited grant proposals. Periodically, One8 may invite small grant proposals for an endeavor.
- We only provide grants to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Our grants to universities and government agencies have a maximum overhead of 2.5%.